Friday, July 25, 2008

July 23, 2008

Hey Family hows it going?

Thanks for all the letters but i have to tell you that i guess dear elder is only emails for me...the cookie place however delivers emails you send me the price of a letter i think the day after you send it or the day you send it..they call it mission ties...so instead of dear elder use mission ties, im not sure how it works but i think they explain it on their website...

I should explain that i have no use of my debit card while in the ctm and only have a little money to spend every week.

The cookie shop place here that you put money in for me i can use that for email, mail, cookies etc...25 American dollars is like 45 real $ here and a cookie here is i think 2.50 so about 1.25 in dollars. However they usually send me a notice at the ctm if you gave me any money so ill ask the people here if i recieved anything.

Umm i should also tell you that brazil is the worst in the World when it comes to mail. Their mail carriers go on strike every other week and takes anywhere from 5 to 10 days to solve their issues and then they get pilled up on mail to deliver and of course they are still on strike to this day...its been over 10 days i think...but packages do still come for some reason i think they are delivered by somthing else, and i still dont have the package you sent me but it should get here any day now.

ill answer question now:

The language is coming along it has nowhere to go but up...i just do my best and have no other choice but to put my trust in the Lord.

I go to the museum on friday and will let you know next week how that goes...

Well the ctm here is probley similar to the mtc...our district is kind of a funny district and do all the stupid pranks and stuff that goes with being a missionary...i have video and pictures of everything so youll have to wait 2 years to see those...

On P-days i get up at 5:30am and go to the temple for a session, then I email you this letter, then i eat lunch, then my comp and i and most of our district go out to get ice-cream, go to the post office, go to the candy store (my favorite), get pictures develouped if needed and kind of explore our boundries. Last p-day as we were just eploring we ran into this kid that looks around our age and found out he was half german and i spoke to him in german and had alot of fun doing that, we talked to him for problly an hour and then explained to him that we were missionaries and gave him a fee dvd pass along thing, mabey we´ll see him again today. We have to be back at the ctm by 5:00pm and we then eat dinner and then by 6:00 we have mdst or missionary directed study time (tate will learn what that is), but luckily after that we have gym, we get gym 3 times a week and happen to have it on pday, we play basketball outside and sometimes volleyball, its really fun and goes by fast.

There are six elders in my room 2 brazis and 4 from my distict

Our lunch everyday is white rice, beans either brown or black, meat chicken or beef of some sort, always lots of good fruit, the deserts are allways decieving, and the drinks here are good.

Well its good to hear that everyone is doing well, tell liz to get better.
Umm glad to hear my letters that i sent a long time ago made it, not sure when ill recieve any letters with all these mail strikes, but like i mentioned above the mission ties thing works like a charm.

With all my love, Elder Roberts

ps enjoy the pics...president obama came to the ctm

Brian was trying to explain (at the top of his letter)another option for sending him letters to the CTM. There is another site called missionties.com that you can write to him. I think he is saying that dearelder.com isn't sending him his letters through the mail, only through email. However, I am not sure if that is true, because I don't know that they have his email. It might be because they have had a mail strike down there for the reason he hasn't received his letters through the mail. I would still send your letters through dearelder if you have paid for that service. If you haven't then you can try missionties. Either way, he will get your letters. Thanks, Nanette

No comments: