Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Cardinals are going to the Superbowl and I'm in Brazil!

Hey family,

Sorry for the short letter last week. Like I had said before there just wasn't time to write much. I've stopped arguing with my companion. I've decided instead of arguing with him I just mark in my planner every time he complains about something and blames it on me. So far the results are good and I just get a laugh out of it.

So this last week we met a lot of really good people to bring to church and come Sunday 0 of them came, but the Lord blessed us and when we got there at church there was a family of 4 and 2 other guys that came. The family was wanting to visit our church and found it on the internet and came alone and the other 2 guys came with a friend of theirs. So we taught the two boys and one of them wants to be baptized and then we taught the family last night and marked a baptism date for them as well. Tomorrow we'll see how their reading the Book of Mormon went and am sure we will baptize them too. Also last week 2 of our other baptisms we had marked, fell through, but hey we made up for it and marked more. This week on Friday we will baptize Olivan. She is the mother of the kid we baptized named Anderson. She has been good to work with and next week we should have more batisms.

Today for p-day we went to the bank in central and then to Mc donalds! My first time setting foot in McDonalds and guess what, the power went out and they couldn't do anything so we left. We then walked to another place called Bob´s Hamburgers which is the same as McDonalds just a little cheaper. I ate a double cheese burger with fries and a chocolate milk shake. Was awsome to get to eat somthing similar to home.

Things are going good: the language is good, we have picked up the work a lot more now, but I fear that it will fall again with their Carnival season coming up in a week which means it will be hard to teach and find people during those two weeks just like Christmas and New Years. The Cardinals are going to the superbowl and I'm in Brazil....but they will probably lose and remain cursed.

We had zone conference with the president the other day and he was not happy at all, he burned all the missionaries about a lot of things, but one thing was the last phone bill for the mission and that was 12,000 reais and the maximum that the mission has for phone bill is 2,000 reais, so he yelled at us and said every missionary will pay 75 reais next month to help pay for it and went over a lot of other rules in the mission. Sound like a lot of missionaries are abusing the rules. I cleaned my bathroom last night :)

I think Craig's birthday is soon so happy birthday Craig! And yours and Johns should be coming up next month so happy birthday if I forget. So things are over all good. Transfer ends next week! I can't think of much else to write so I think I'll end it here, love you all and thanks for everything
Brian

No comments: