Wednesday, January 28, 2009

18 Investigators at Church!!

This last Sunday was one of my best Sundays I've had yet. We had 18 investigators at church and was just nutz. We´ve been marking many baptisims and some have fallen and some haven't, but we have 5 baptisims that will happen this Friday and Saturday for sure and next week we have at least one more planned. Then we still have a lot more that we are going to mark for the next 3 weeks. So the ones that fell was a guy named Silvan. His mom said she won't let him be baptized because he was already baptized in the catholic church and we explained to her clearly why etc... but she has a very hard heart so he won't be baptized this week and not sure if ever. Then there's another guy João Paulo and the same story with his dad, but have yet to talk with him so we will see if that falls through as well. This week we will baptize the family that came, the mom of the boy we baptized a while ago, and a little girl that's been to church many times and just came again last Sunday. So we are working with her for this Saturday. Oh yeah the baptism last week fell through, but it was because she was having woman problems so I just left it at that and we will baptize her this week. So we have lots of people we are currently working with and many things to do and it's all in the last week of the transfer so it's a little crazy and tough when all your baptisms fall on the same and last week.

So next Monday will be transfers and that's when I find out if I stay or go. Something to point out is that all 5 of are baptisms this week are not people that we found or knocked on their doors. They came to church on their own and one was from a recent convert, so yeah we worked really hard this past 6 weeks and the Lord has really blessed us.

Today we helped the lady that owns our home move some stuff and also practiced singing some hyms in english that we and some others will sing at the baptism. I also spent awhile copying photos and buying stuff to send home to you guys and will send that out on Monday when I get the money to send it.

About the photos I asked for, just pictures of the home, city, outside etc.. they like to see what it is like where i used to live, and then if you can find my picture of when I was baptized and send that too. I think it would be funny to show that to investigators that will be baptised to get a visual of their baptisim. That picture is in a black binder in one of the tubes of all my stuff. I think it's easier to just scan and email the pictures.

Cardinals, I want them to win, but I am betting money that they will lose, but who knows maybe the second coming will be on Sunday. Happy birthday Craig, Mom, John, and anyone else.

Things here are going well. I forgot to mention that Elder Cook came to our mission and spoke to the wards here and had a conference with the missionaries last Sunday. So I got to shake his hand and hear from him and his wife. It was awesome and the man has a powerful testimony of the Savior like they all do and was really sincere and just good to hear from him. I think my first time hearing a conference from someone that only speaks english since I've been in Brazil, in the ctm and here they've all been in Portuguese.

Ok, well have a fun week with the superbowl an everything and we'll see how things go this next week. Pray for the people to be baptized as well.

Thanks, Brian

No comments: