Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years 2009

Yea New Years was fun. I got a great video of it, but can't send it through email. It's too much space, but I need to copy all my fotos and videos and send them home to you along with a tape and w/e else I throw into it. I'm just lazy and haven't done any of that yet and still need to make cds for all are recent converts.

Yeah little different, opposite here (he's referring to what Tate is dealing with in Honduras as far as American missionaries being negative in their attitudes), the brazilians don't care for the rules and last Monday president changed our zone conference to interviews and talked to us for an hour about specific rules and pretty much burned us all and yeah was because of certain groups of missionaries that broke those rules and now all the Americans are getting moved up and lots of the Brasilians got moved down. A lot of missionaries that are just wanting the baptisim number and don't really help the people. Anyways enough of that.

This week was fun. Today we went to a churrascaria for lunch with several zones. It's for 20 reais you eat all you want, was fun. New Years we had a bar-b-q and like I said I recorded some of the fireworks etc and will send that later. We got no work done last two weeks because everyone here left on vacations. So no one was home and no one wanted to go to church and lots of people were drunk, but hope this week ends up better. We´ve marked two baptism dates already and hope those will go through. We have another we will try to mark with this lady, but it's a little hard because she wants to be baptised but can't stop smoking and drinking coffee. We have some other people we'll see if we get them to church this week before we mark a baptism for them. The way I work with my companion this transfer is we go to a street and he takes one side and i take the other and just knock every door. It's really helped me with talking to people and been picking up the language even more.

I was talking to my comp in the CTM last night and how we're in the worst mission in Brazil and how we just want to die. It was funny, but we really are in the most dangerous city in all Brazil, Maceio was ranked number 1 above Rio de Janeiro, so I don't know if you and Robert still want to visit this place. Three Americans is just asking to get robbed and shot at, hehe. The people here aren't the brightest of the flock but w/e we work with what you got I guess. Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you, in one of my tubs of all my stuff at home, I have a binder with all my fotos of my life. If you can please find that and scan the picture of me and my baptisim and email it to me that would be a fun picture to have to show people. If you see any other funny looking ones go ahead an scan them too. People like to see what my home looks like so any pictures of the home, yard, city, etc would be good pictures to have. So over all, things are going good. The Cardinals are doing good. So that's it for today.

Talk next week, Brian

No comments: