Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Jatiuca...A New Area

Ok well I was sad and happy with the transfers this time. Sad because I had to leave to a new area and happy for the change. So yeah I won't get to baptise Glauçia, but we have a woman to baptize here this week so am excited for that and she seemed like a very nice lady. I've only talked to her once and she has two daughters and we will try and get them to church and baptize them as well.

So I was transferred to Jatiuca which to tell the truth I live in Parajuçara which is another area so I live with 3 other elders and we have to walk a little ways to get to our area, but it isn't that bad. So our area is really big and has the beach in it just like Tate's and my area is close to their downtown and just about all the places here. So I don't need to take the bus anywhere, I can just walk everywhere now. It is a bit more humid than my other areas, but it's all good. My comps name is Dos Santos and he is from my group in the CTM so I know him and the other two in my home are Elder Frank n Elder Lundgreen and fun to have some more people in the home.

The house is a little small, but has washing machines and the water doesn't go out as often they said so those are some good things. The homes here are the richest I've seen, but for you guys wouldn't seem that way, but for me a lot nicer than what I'm used to and there's no dirt roads. So now instead of taking a hour n half bus trip to come to central or go to Bobs or Mc Donalds, I can just walk there, it's nice. So today we went to central to get money, we got haircuts, I bought a game called war which is the same as risk, and now we are here.

So yeah Tate is getting a taste of sea food, does he like it? I get my fair share of sea food and wierd meats. A lot of people usually make shrimp and crab and different types of fish and other things. I'm not a big fan of eating these things, but eat them every week.

I think the ward here is a bit smaller and harder to get people baptized here and hard to teach people because eveyone you talk to lives in a different area and are visiting the beach and other things here. There's a lot of apartment buildings, the bigger type of buildings and you cant enter unless you have somone to vist. So this should be a fun area to work in. Last night we did alot of work and marked two appointments to teach 2 new investigators and got alot of references from some of the members and will try and work with them. Im still getting to know the area still and am always lost and need to meet and get to know the people here.

Ok well that's cool another baby, congrats Jason and Amy. I'll have to look at the photos still.
K well thanks for the photos and until next week! Love Brian

No comments: