Thursday, March 12, 2009

My Conversation With An 85 Year Old Man

So today we went to downtown and my comp was sending things and I spent forever sitting next to an 85 yearold man, we talked alot, he is single and has never been married and he has traveled everywhere. Was a fun conversation and I of course invited him to church etc...and now I'm here emailing and spent most my day on a bus.

Ummm not sure if I mentioned the girl and her boyfriend we got to church the last week. Well me and another elder went and visted her and she told us that she broke up with her boyfriend and so that same night I invited her to be baptized and taught the law of chastity and she accepted it, so I marked her baptisim for the next transfer. I'm very excited for her and the Lord has truly prepared her. Oh her name is Glaucia and she is 22 years old. So should be exciting to baptize her if I get to stay another transfer which starts next week.

So I just found out there´s a beach like 10 min away in my area. Ive been here 4 months and havent known that. The people said it's just practically abondoned and no one goes there and would actually be an hour walk, but 10 min by car. I'm not sure if there is a road to get there our not, but yeah this whole city is on the ocean and I see it almost everyweek.

Well I cant wait for next week when we have transfers.

Ohhh yeah happy birthday to Julie n Emily n Stacie n Amy and any others. Sorry I don't know what days exactly, but love you all and have a good birthday!
- Julie, Rob has my present for you(its a hug n kiss)
- Emily, Robert has yours (its a cupcake to the face)
- Stacie, Anyone that wants to put a cupcake in stacies face for me has permission
- Amy,(which amy)(i love them both) Hugs n kisses

Yeah time is going by fast, the dogs here are not that bad. I pet one the other night and it followed me home and I almost let it in, but can't have that happen. A lot of the people here own pitbulls and they're huge ones to and can jump really high. A lot of them just have loud and annoying dogs and can be hard at times to talk to people when their dog is barking, but I do the best I can.

Yeah that's a good program for the church (Referring to what I told him our ward is doing with missionary work) The president is working with the church leaders here really good and started a program where the bishop gives us 5 family to visit and teach and continues to give us more people to visit to try and reactivate them and help them out and other programs we do as well with our work.

Powell's prayer was really funny, and surprised they remember us. (Kylie said this is what 4 yr. old Powell prayed for: When Powell was saying prayers (all by himself--with no help), one of the first things he said was "thank you that Tate and Brian could go on missions and help them to come home in 20 days". It was pretty cute--it goes along with the other day when Powell said, "Mom, Tate and Brian's missions are taking a long time".)

Umm I'll try and see if I can get someone to send you some more photos this week. I guess that's it for this week.

Love you all and until another week.
Brian

No comments: