Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Great Week - 6 Baptisms!

Tell Tate I hate him, the picture of him eating a tortia makes me home sick. (I sent a picture of Tate eating tortillas that have something in them, not sure what, called baleadas. Brian loves tortillas and they don't have them in Brazil. That's why he said what he did. It was pretty funny)

Umm yeah I figured the Cards would choke, but at least it was a close game.

So we baptized that family of Carlos (dad, his real name is long and weird, I think arab), Cristianie (mother), their daughter Gabriela, and we also baptized Oliva the mother of Anderson the boy I baptized 2 transfers ago and we baptized Ruana a little girl whose mother was baptized very long ago. She wanted her daughter to be baptized in the church and she's started going again. This week we will baptize Tiago, the guy that's been going to church over a year and is now 18 and can be baptized and next week. We have marked 4 more of these girls that have been going but I'm not sure anymore. We might have to move another week to help them prepare because the first week they went to church they asked if they could be baptized and then the second week they were a bit timido or moly I don't remember this word in english at the moment. So well see how that goes. Last Sunday we had 9 investigators. Oh and no changes for me, I'm still here with the same comp.

(I asked him when Carnival is) Carnival is the last 2 weeks I think of this month so it will basically be hard to get any work done or get anyone to progress because everyone leaves, drinks, parties, just total wickedness from what I hear. The church takes all the youth and has a week long camping party for them and has another for the single adults also. But luckily we have baptisms marked for the first 2-3 weeks before carnival starts. Carnival is where they play their music and girls dress in almost nothing and guys dress in woman's clothing and everyone drinks and they have huge what they call block party type things. They´ll have one here where I'm at so well get little work done during that time.

So, this last week was good in that we had baptisms and a new transfer and I'm happy to be staying. This is a good area with good members and I am enjoying it. Today me and my comp will go to Bob´s (hamburgers) so I'm excited to go there. I just hope the buses are not on strike again today because they were the past 2 days because they want more money. I eat the same stuff everyday so im not sure which is my favorite (I asked him what his favorite things he ate this week was). I ate a good watermelon yesterday, but what I'll eat today at Bob's will be my favorite.

It's summer and I can feel a little difference in that now I sweat more (24 hours). My garmets are getting that yellow stain mark from sweating a lot, but their ok. I have plenty of shirts dont need more but they get dirty real fast and have stain marks too but still have some I've never used before so I'm good on that. The pants are ok maybe could use another pair for my b-day or something. Yesterday was fun. We had a huge thunder, rainstorm that lasted all day and was fun to work in. It might not be as hot in Arizona but I sweat more and just feel swamped and prefer the dry heat.

Jared is doing great, he said its like 113-120 there in Australia. He's doing good and having fun.

Ok well thats all I can think of for now.
Love ya and until next week.
Brian

No comments: