Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Monday Starts My Last Transfer...It's Going Toooo Fast!

You made me feel sick after reading the detailed thing about Bro Ellsworth.......it’s a very sad thing to happen. (He was kicked in the mouth by a horse. It broke his jaw in several places, almost cut his lip off, split the roof of his mouth, lost several teeth and basically crushed the bone that hold the top teeth in place. He has his mouth wired shut for 4 weeks and a plate in place for 6. He was our stake patriarch.)

Well it’s been an ok week, our baptism didn’t go to church :( I’m looking forward to hopefully a change that will help me in the work next transfer which starts on Monday!

Sunday we split up with the elders quorum and did splits and visited inactive members and then yesterday and Monday I visited another ten people and was able to find some that want to come back and also found some new people to teach so we will see how it goes. The sad part is that we had planned on getting lots of the inactive members and investigators to tonight’s weekly activity and just today it was cancelled so now I have to go and let them all know that it won’t happen and that will be a big pain and waste of my time, but nothing I can do about it.

My shoes are fine and will probably use them when I get home. The rain stopped for a bit, but is supposed to come back again. The city Sao Cristovão flooded over and is part of my area and the members here donated and took clothes and food, etc to help.

So for p-day I’ve taken many pictures and went to São Cristovão which is the 4th oldest city in Brazil and so we went to the Christ statue that’s there and some of the churches. I will try and send as many pictures as I can. It was lots of fun and had lots of sun.

Yeah that too bad that they don’t want to serve a mission, (talking about some boys he knows)they won’t have another chance to do it. Was funny because when I was interviewed Pres. Bradshaw told me to be careful driving and with the law etc....and what happened, not sure if you remember, but I got a speeding ticket a few weeks before leaving to Brazil, but luckily wasn’t too bad. It made me remember to be more careful.

Well I can’t believe it, like I told my sister; Craig will be on his first transfer and I’ll be on my last! It is going toooo fast. K well I need to get started on the pictures, take care and love you all.

Brian

No comments: